Neckers Building HVAC
The Neckers Building was constructed in 1963. It is approximately 186,000 square feet. Space in the Neckers Building is assigned to the College of Science, Graduate School and the School of Medicine.
The existing heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system is original to the facility and has outlived its useful life. In 2009, the University, in preparation for a National Science Foundation grant application, enlisted the services A/E firm to perform a study on the Neckers Building. Their study confirmed the need for renovations to the HVAC system.
The Neckers Building is named for James W. Neckers who chaired the Chemistry Department from 1927 until 1967.