Departmental Equipment Repair
Departments have the responsibility for maintenance of departmental equipment. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- office equipment, laboratory furniture and equipment
- research equipment
- refrigeration and air-conditioning units other than those designed specifically for general building ventilation or cooling
- recording equipment, public address systems, audio-visual equipment installed for the department
- printing/duplicating, presses and newspaper equipment
- book stacks, library equipment, tables, etc.
- portable fans, desk lamps, etc.
- booths and environmental rooms for classroom and research projects
- bulletin boards
- film storage and processing equipment
- laboratories, tables, sinks, lockers, exhaust hoods, movable bookshelves, file cabinets and casework
- plumbing piping down to floor below equipment including shut-off valves
- return and waste piping down to floor below equipment including controls
- electric, air and steam systems down to floor below equipment
Requests for repair of departmental equipment or minor renovations should be made on a Request for Facility services form and sent to the Facilities Operations Center. A cost estimate of the work will be made and returned to the department. Work will not begin until authorization from the department fiscal officer is received.